- Presides over all meetings, prepares the agenda, and directs the discussion
- Acts as an ex-officio member of all standing committees and temporary committees except the nominating committee.
- Executes all documents and correspondence in the name of the Chapter as authorized by the membership or the Chapter Board.
- Signs or co-signs Chapter checks.
- Responsible to ensure that all required reports be submitted to the National Office within the required timeframes.
- Maintains the Chapters copy of the BMW CCA Operations Manual.
- Responsible to ensure that corporation reports are filed on time.
- Acts in the place of the President during his or her absence, or when so required by the President.
- Assists the President and/or the Chapter Board in any manner that they may direct.
- Records and preserves the minutes of Chapter business and Board meetings; presents and reads such minutes at the request of the President.
- Prepares necessary correspondence for the Chapter when Required.
- Keeps and preserves the records and books of accounts reflecting the financial condition and operation of the Chapter any corporate documents that obligate the Chapter financially.
- Prepares the annual financial report for submission to the National Office.
- Prepares the report of financial condition to be provided to the Chapter membership each year.
- Ensure required fees and taxes are paid on time.
- Primary responsibility is for planning, organizing, and supervising the staging of Chapter events and activities.
- Appoints members or recruits volunteers to take care of portions of each event. Keeps records of these events and how well they succeed.
- Responsible for financially structuring the entry fees for events in such a way that the Chapter costs (including insurance and any plaques or trophies) are covered with a small profit. (Growth of the Chapter rather than profit is the goal.)
- All costs for an activity must be included in computing the final entry fees. These include insurance, postage, telephone calls, publicity, supplies and any rental of equipment.
- Arranges to receive merchandise, trophies or awards as donations from local merchants or car shops, the cost of the event should still be structured as though they were paid for.
- This will provide continuity from one event to another as well as reward the Chapter financially for their efforts.